By necessity I have become involved in information management for smaller organizations that needed to update practices to manage the growth I was bringing to their communications activities.
Information management challenges I have resolved:
- Reorganization of shared drives on servers to allow staff to know what is available and get them to it quickly and to make it easy for executives to find what they need.
- Setting up system identifying versions of documents to ensure that the latest versions are identifiable at each stage of a project
- Setting up systems to manage internal and external information with different levels of access for executives, staff, boards, members, media and the public.
- Designing and setting up (with external contractor) a relational database to track members and member engagement, services provided, sponsorships, and media hits a well as produce invitation lists, name tags and prospect lists for sponsors and fundraising.
- Inventory and shipping management including package weights and shipping costs
- Digital content management systems to be integrated with contact applications such Get Response, Constant Contact and others. I have set up systems within these applications to control large numbers of recipients. (And permissions to be compliant with CASL – the Canadian legal regime regulating electronic marketing messages).
- Systems for tracking and verifying sponsor benefits
- Reviews and reports of software requirements and security challenges
- Photo and graphics library tracking permissions, bylines and subjects